The Hinton Pathfinders is a group set up in 2012 to develop and implement the footpath proposals in the Village Plan.
This will be achieved by improving the maintenance and signage of existing footpaths and expanding of the footpath network by:
- Researching existing pathways – signage, access, quality
- Working alongside Somerset County Council in discharging its statutory obligations to maintain footpaths around the parish to a high standard
- Liaising with the Parish Council to obtain help from the Lengthsman to carry out repairs and improvements
- Exploring the possibility of providing additional walking routes where possible
- Liaising with adjacent parishes and walking groups on footpath matters
- Encouraging use of the footpath network
What have we done?
We have already surveyed nearly all the village footpath network, improved waymarking, cut back overhanging vegetation and agreed necessary footpath improvements with Somerset County Council. We have also recently started a series of village walks on the second Friday of each month.
Please contact us if you find any problems with the footpath network.